Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Get 80% off Stress and Your Body with our The Great Courses coupon

The Great Courses coupon
You can now get 80% off Stress and Your Body thanks to our The Great Courses coupon.

I don't know about you, but I am always trying to find ways to improve my health and well-being. I want my body to run at its functional best.

One thing that can really run a system down is stress. We know it is bad for us, but do we really know exactly how it works against us?

Well, now you can be just as informed as you have always hoped to be with this lecture series. It is taught by Professor Robert Sapolsky who was the winner of a MacArthur grant. He is Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery at Stanford University. All this means that he very, very knowledgeable about the field. In particular he does research about the effects of stress in Africa.

This lecture series goes into specific details about how stress effects the human body and what certain kind of stresses can do. For example, he discusses: Stress and Your Heart, Stress and Cancer, and Stress and Aging.

Those are just three topics in a 24 part series. I watched it on DVD and was very happy with the format. Each topic was 30 minutes long, which meant it was easily fit into my hectic day.

What I really liked about this lecture series is that it was easy to understand without skimping on detailed information. I learned more about the pain pathway from Professor Sapolsky than I did from my pain management doctors.

I believe you will find, like I did, that this series is a great one to watch.

To learn more, check out http://www.greatcourses.livejournal.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment