Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Great Courses coupon will save you 80% off of The Art of Travel Photography

The Great Courses coupon will save you 80% off of The Art of Travel Photography.

One of the places that I have always wanted to go is Romania. I would love to take the most expert photos of my trip there. Photos that I could cherish for a lifetime thanks to this lecture series.

My ancestry is from Romanian decent. I would love to see where some of my familial roots are from.

Orsova, Romania
Some of the highlights for me would be the authentic food. I am so into food.  Some of the top items (I ate these every Thanksgiving) from Romania are cabbage rolls, grilled sausages, and, simply enough, baked potatoes. Things that I would like to try while I was visiting would be: potato goulash, radauti (translates to chicken soup), and pomana porcului.

Some of the sites I would like to see are: Bran Castle, Corvin Castle, Merry Cemetery, the Sphinx, and Moldovita Monastery.

I also think just walking around Bucharest would be fantastic. Some of the things I would like to do there are stroll the streets, get some coffee, and try and find the "old Paris". I guess Bucharest was known for awhile back in the day as the Paris of the east. However, an earthquake and communist rule after WWII destroyed the aspects that would associate it with Paris.

Also, outside of Bucharest, the Romanian lands are mostly agricultural. I can only imagine driving through the countryside and the beauty that I would be able to take in.

I think this would be a fabulous trip only more enhanced by taking amazing pictures of it, thanks to The Great Courses.

More information can be found at http://www.greatcourses.livejournal.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment