Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Want to learn How Great Science Fiction Works! Get it for FREE in April 2016!

Awesome course!
So many wonderful lectures at The Great Courses, including How Great Science Fiction Works. Try it out yourself with our The Great Courses coupon!

Doesn't matter what kind of science fiction you're into, if you like the genre, you know there are some really wonderful options, and a few less than wonderful ones as well. We all know it, and can tell when we get bamboozled by a bad one.

So you know what you like and what you don't like, and you can tell almost immediately when you get to watching. I'm just the same way — easy to know if it's sci fi that's "for me" or maybe not so much for me. But why? That's the real question. I know when I'm not digging it, but how do I know?

This course helps you figure it out.  Professor Gary K. Wolfe has the download, and can make sure you know what to look for when looking for great science fiction. I mean, I think Blade Runner is great science fiction, no matter what format we're talking about. But now I'm going to learn why. I can't wait. 

I'm not saying I always need wonderful science fiction that is sublime at every turn. But I wouldn't mind if it that were the case. Who would, really?

To learn more, please go to http://www.greatcourses.livejournal.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment