Friday, April 1, 2016

April Fool's got nothing on How Great Science Fiction Works! Get it for FREE with our The Great Courses coupon!

Awesome course!
It's April 1st, but I'm not fooling one bit with the awesome How Great Science Fiction Works that you can get with our The Great Courses coupon!

I'm reading a book right now I'm not loving, but it's totally sci fi. I wish the author had taken this course before writing it, and before I started reading.

I don't know why, but I find it impossible to put down a book once I start it, even if I'm hating it. I can stop reading if I'm super offended, but that rarely happens. If I just don't like it? I still keep reading. It's tragic.

So that's why I think anyone can benefit from this course. Professor Gary K. Wolfe will teach you about all kinds of great sci fi history and tropes and other fun things.

And once you know, you can judge sooner if you'll enjoy a book or not. Or a movie too. At the very least you will know if it's good pretty early on, and can decide if that's right for you.

If you want to watch bad sci fi once you know how great sci fi works, well that's your bag and I'm not going to stop you at all!


To learn more, please go to http://www.greatcourses.livejournal.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment